Good news on my blood work - no diabetes but elevated thyroid and I have the new script. I've been at this lower level before. Within a year or two I'll be back up to the slightly higher level.
The all-day lemon water and protein nibble has WORKED! I went to work this morning, went out with some of my office-mates for lunch at a Tai restaurant where I ate my typically normal amount of food (I eat half with leftovers, but I didn't take the leftovers this time because...), went to an art museum (had to sit down after a while because I was too hot [too many layers I couldn't take off] and tired but still functioned), had 'dessert' at another place (I had a cup of soup) and made it home just a little tired - actually, my usual tired. AND the only parts of my body that were annoying was my right foot and back of right shoulder and there were times I didn't even notice.
The lemon water definitely helps give me more saliva. I'm not choking as much.
I just take a small bite of string cheese, meat (microsliced roasted beef) or two or three mixed nuts, or suck on a Lifesaver (yes, she told me hard candy) whenever I feel the need (sometimes as little as five minutes, up to twenty if after a meal) and things keep level for me without the sugar spikes and drops.
So let's just hope this keeps up and I can quickly get back to a normal eating schedule and not feel hungry in my growling stomach every few minutes or woozy after twenty or so minutes. I'm already tired of eating all day - lugging the food and water around is a pain - literally, it's heavy on my broken body!
She didn't tell me when I should taper off on this so I'll call sometime next week for direction. I suspect it will be when I begin not feeling a little woozy shortly after eating. Let's just hope.
Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes. I still need them because I'm still very sick, but I cross my fingers that the light at the end of the tunnel will show up soon and I will be better.
Naturally, I will be living with numbness in various parts of my body for the rest of my life and while it might go away to a degree, it could flare up worse at any time, and I'm still worried about the nether parts reacting in a bad way if they're used, but I will think positively that I'll get back ALL the joys in my life.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*